The method required to dissolve gelatine leaves differs according to whether you are adding it to cold or hot ingredients.
Adding to cold Ingredients:
- Soak the gelatine leaves separately in cold water for approximately 5 – 7 minutes and squeeze slightly to remove excess liquid.
- Place the leaves in a saucepan over a gentle Allow the gelatine leaves to melt slowly, stirring once or twice.
- Once melted, after approximately 30 seconds, remove the pan from the heat and add the cold ingredients to the gelatine.
Adding to hot Ingredients:
- Soak the gelatine leaves separately in cold water for approximately 5-7 minutes and squeeze them slightly to remove excess liquid.
- Add squeezed gelatine leaves to hot ingredients and stir until dissolved.